Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kendall's 5th Birthday - Princess Party

Our little princess turns five this week. I can't believe it! This past weekend we hosted a princess party to celebrate. Russ' brother and sister-in-law had given us a a big box of princess party supplies that they never ended up using for one of their girls. That was very cool of them and worked out perfectly since Kendall wanted a princess party. We were all set!

When the girls arrived, we put out dresses, crowns, earrings, and rings for the girls to put on and had Rebecca help by putting a little bit of make-up on the girls and do their nails to transform them into princesses. We had some lunch together and the girls played a princess trivia game to see how well they knew their princess stories. Then we moved to the backyard for the pull string pinata. After the girls loaded up on the toys and candy that fell out of it, we had cake and Kendall opened presents.

Kendall helping me set up the night before.

The princess table. The centerpiece and tablecloth worked together as an electronic trivia game. When turned on, questions were asked and the girls had to touch the princess on the tablecloth that was the correct answer. Pretty cute.

I love making the kids birthday cakes. They aren't as pretty as store bought ones but it just feels good to to plan one out according to whatever theme they are having and attempt to make one. They never come out as I envision either but it's still something I want to do and the kids always enjoy helping too. This one had chocolate cake on the bottom and two top layers were strawberry. Since Kendall's favorite princess this month was Ariel, I found a little figurine at the Dollar Tree and used her as the topping.
Kendall with cousin Maggie
Rebecca helping the girls with make-up and nails.
Kendall playing the princess trivia game. She's listening to the questions waiting to tap the correct princess.


The cute little princesses - Kendall, Maggie and Emma


Pinata time!

Maggie pulled the right string.
Gathering their goodies from the pinata
Say Cheese!
Maggie with one of the noise makers from the pinata. Parents are going to love that I sent them home with these!
Kendall and Maggie thought the magnifiers were hilarious. Loved listening to their giggles.
Not really a fan of being photographed, let alone when I'm 6 months pregnant, but had to get a photo together with the birthday girl!
The princess Kendall (AKA Ariel) blows out her 5 candles.
Having a great time opening her presents.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

How fun! Every little girl needs at least one princess birthday party in her life! And your cake looked fantastic! Great job mom and dad...it looks like you made Kendall a very happy 5 year-old! I can't believe she's five already either!!!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.