Saturday, June 9, 2012

End of School Year Programs - Proud Mama

I'm still in awe that Ethan actually did it...He got up and sang at his talent show today! At first we thought he changed his mind because he didn't line up when his group was called. He was number 17 and Rebecca, performing with her friend, was #20. So shortly after Rebecca sang, Ethan came over to me with his CD and asked when it was going to be his turn. I told him that they had already called his group and immediately I could tell he was upset and about to cry. I said, "Don't cry..it's ok. We'll go ask and see if they can still squeeze you in." Russ walked him over and made sure he got his turn. I was astonished!! After taking tons of photos, I sat back down in my chair and just began to cry. My sweet boy did it!

I'm so proud of both Ethan and Rebecca for just getting up there, scared and all, but not letting their fear stop them from doing what they really wanted to do. Performing comes easier for Rebecca but she was still very nervous too. It was such a great way to end the school year and I'm SOOOO glad I got to see all three children do their performances.

Ethan singing "Paradise" by Coldplay at school talent show.

Rebecca singing "Picture to Burn" by Taylor Swift with her friend Adalia.

Rebecca and her good friend Adalia just after their performance.

Enjoying the rest of the show now that their individual acts were done. Big Smiles!!


So proud of our boy!

Let Summer vacation begin!

Kendall at her preschool end of year performance. Love that she sang every song and did the actions too.

Kendall with her teacher Mrs. Moore - such a fabulous teacher! She got choked up when talking to the parents about how much she enjoyed our children this school year and will miss them. Of course, that got my tears going too! I can't believe Kendall will be starting Kindergarten now. Where do the years go?

Noni & Poppa came to see all the kids' performances.

Morning of the last day of school. Kendall's preschool class had a movie day and got to wear jammies to school.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Way to go Lee kids! And I must say, the outfit on your oldest performer is GORGEOUS! Love those heels!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.