Thursday, August 9, 2012

Showered in Love


Baby Shower for #4

Violet organized a beautiful baby shower for me at the end of July. Family and friends joined in the celebration of the upcoming birth of our baby girl....or as Violet refers to her "what's her name." Russ and I decided to not share the name until she is born.  Tina, married to Russ' brother Allen, not only made the yummy cupcakes for the shower but also took all the photos.

Holding the belly next to my good friend since 7th grade, Caryn.
Smores Cupcakes
Baby Vanilla Cupcakes
Black Forest Cupcake. I had one of these and it was delicious!
Violet made these adorable favors. Rebecca and Kendall went over to her house and helped paint the pots that held votive candles.

Cute Fruit Salad shaped like a baby in a bassinet.

One of the games Violet had the ladies do was draw what they think the baby will look like...but they had to draw it with their eyes closed. I then chose the winning drawing. I picked Amber's.

My sister-in-law Kimberlee and Mom holding up their drawings.


Caryn holding up hers...not bad!

My favorite game (can you hear the sarcasm??) was having my belly measured with yarn. The ladies had to pick a length of yarn to estimate how big they thought I was. The closest to the actual size was the winner. My mom was the furthest off and it was not in my favor...Nice!!!At least they didn't have to guess weight...I definetly would have drawn the line there. Would hate to see those guesses! :-)

My friend Teresa was almost dead on with her guess. She wsa the winner!

My friend Lori's daughter Abbie is good friends with Rebecca. Those two were fascinated with these deer statues in the clubhouse. I thought this picture was so cute!

Kendall and my niece Lauren were my gift helpers. They would bring me the presents and occasionally help me unwrap the items and hold them up for everyone to see.

Unwrapping my mom and dad's gift - baskets I wanted to use for holding the baby supplies in the armoire/changing table along with a changing pad cover and baby toiletries.
 
Got to love that name...Bordeaux's Butt Paste! Stuff works great though.

Our niece Amber made the diaper cake...very cute and a practical gift!

Lots of newborn diapers sure to get used up quickly.

The girls racing to get me the next gift. They were too cute!

Violet and her sister, Russ' Aunt Velma, helping keep track of who gave what so I could write thank yous.

Incredibly blessed by so many gifts!

Kendall and our niece Bonnie goofing around.

The view of the belly across the room. I am glad to have some photos though as I think these are the only ones I've had taken during the pregnancy. Time has flown and due date is fast approaching.

Had to get a pic with my girls! I love that Rebecca wanted to wear a dress. She looked adorable and it's rare that she wants to. She's a little tomboy most of the time.
Group photo
 Caryn's mom has made a blanket for each of our kids. Here is the pink one she made for the new baby girl. Absolutely beautiful and treasured!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Wow! What a blessing to get a baby shower from so many family and friends! Can't wait to meet your little one! Praying for you and baby constantly!!!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.