Both Rebecca and Ethan received academic awards at school today. This is an example of one more event I am so thankful to have been able to attend since I am still on maternity leave.
The school year started a little rough for Ethan, coming back after summer vacation and adjustment of new baby in the house right when school started, but he pulled through it and earned Honor Roll along with Perfect Attendance.
Rebecca set a goal for herself to earn each quarter this year, Principal's Honor Roll which requires straight A's. She was very disappointed to miss it this quarter by getting one B+ earning High Honor Roll instead. She was so upset when she first found out. We told her we are thankful she sets high goals for herself and works hard to accomplish them but she needs to cut herself some slack if she falls short sometimes. I was the same way though throughout school so I know how she feels. I hope she continues to strive to always do her best but I don't want her to beat herself up when she isn't perfect.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.