It truly is the most wonderful time of year! I love the decorating, crafting, baking, music, shopping (yes...I do enjoy this too), getting together with family and friends, seeing the lights, parties, Christmas programs at school and church, the specials on TV, the food, and on and on....
We kicked off the season with the annual Enchanted Evening in Old Town Clovis. We love the free horse drawn carriage ride thru the streets and walking through each of the antique stores enjoying cookies, hot chocolate and cider that they offer.
I realize the quality of the pictures leave much to be desired but since I take most of them with my phone under less than perfect lighting, it's hard to get them to look good and I don't want to miss out on capturing the memories even if they are far from perfect.
 |
| Waiting for the horse carriage. |
 |
| Mom loves the event as much as us. |
 |
Amanda & I on the carriage ride. She
loved all the lights thru the streets. |
 |
Time to decorate the tree. The kids get better and better each year at it and
love reflecting on where we got or who made each ornament. |
I pack away the Christmas books along with the decorations. We spread them out under the tree and the kids enjoy reading them together. One of their favorites is the Hallmark interactive Jingle books.
 |
| The completed tree with books underneath |
The kids also enjoy playing with the village. It's not really a toy but it doesn't bother me that they move the people all around making up stories. We've had to super glue a few heads and hands back on the little pieces over the years but it's sweet to watch and listen to them play.
 |
| Our Advent wreath takes center stage on our dining table. The kids love lighting the candle each Sunday leading up to Christmas as we read from the Bible. |
 |
| Watching A Charlie Brown Christmas |
 |
| Russ does a wonderful job lighting up the outside of the house. |
2 comments:
Hooray for Christmas! we put our books under the tree too! A fun thing to have under there since we don't put out presents 'til Christmas morning!
Loved reading about your family's traditions... And thanks for posting about the advent wreath- I totally need to do that for our home!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.