Saturday, December 8, 2012

Returning to Work

We all made it through my first week back at work after three months of maternity leave. Yeah!! It was a pretty smooth transition. The kids adjusted extremely well and I was quickly able to get back and pick up on where I left off at work. Walking the hallway at work the first day, felt strange in that it only felt like I was gone for a week and not months.

I'm so thankful that I was able to take the full 3 months after Amanda's birth to bond with her, establish some routines with her feeding and sleeping and all the extra time with Rebecca, Ethan and Kendall. I miss the flexible schedule of being at home and of course being with my baby all day!! Pumping at work is certainly not as fulfilling as nursing Amanda but I know it is still providing for her needs and allowing Russ some special bonding time with her feeding her bottles during the day.


Hard to leave this each morning but what a sweet reunion each night. 

Love that sweet little face and her big blue eyes.
Russ captured a photo of Amanda getting her thumb in her mouth. Usually it's half her hand.

Kendall loves to hold Amanda. Russ sent the picture to me at work this week and it melts my heart. Love these girls and miss my mornings with them!!
I missed her too much and had to come home during lunch on Thursday even though it was just for twenty minutes.

 I could eat those cheeks all day!!

Amanda is always playing with her hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.