Tuesday, July 2, 2013

First Summer Beach Trip

We love the beach!! As soon as we heard about the heat wave coming and that it was going to reach 109 degrees on Saturday we knew where we were headed for the day. We suprised the kids and didn't let them know until the morning of...so cute to see their happy faces. Ok...I told Rebecca as she headed to bed the night before but still fun! This was Amanda's first trip to the beach. At 9 1/2 months it's a bit challenging since she is only crawling and puts everything in her mouth. I also wanted to keep her precious skin safe from being in the sun. Russ had a brilliant idea to bring our small tent so she could play in that sheltered all day.

As we drove over the hills of Paso Robles to get to Cayucos, it was so clear we could see the ocean and Morro Rock. Absolutely beautiful!! It was a warm 82 degrees and somewhat windy. I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to getting into cold water but suprisingly it wasn't bad at all. Russ and I took turns body surfing with Rebecca and Ethan and jumping waves with Kendall. It has been so long since I've gotten all the way in the ocean either because I was pregnant or nursing. I felt like a kid again out there with the boogie board. We were having too much fun I forgot to take more pics but here are a few of our day. So much fun and can't wait until we head back again in a few weeks.


Amanda's first beach trip

Kendall loves to run away from the water as the waves break.

Rebecca running after waves.


We love eating at Duckies right by the Pier. Ethan prefers the pizza from a little place also by the pier.


Blue Moon Beer, Fish & Chips and Clam Chowder!

Yummy Clam Chowder

All tuckered out while we ate dinner.
The view from the car as we headed home.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What a fun day...how adventurous you are to go for just a day...AND get in the ocean! It's been a while since we've done that! I don't know that we've ever been to Cayucos, or to that restaurant for fish and chips. Might have to change it up for our family next time! P.S. I love hearing another mom say that she was having so much fun she forgot to take pictures. Sometimes I'm so disappointed in myself for not "capturing the moment" with a camera and I have to remind myself that it's because my hands were full with other blessings for the day! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.