I wanted something simple and festive as decorations for the 4th of July.
The girls, my mom and I created the star garland out of scrapbook paper and red cording I already had on hand. Some of the patterned papers I had weren't cardstock so I glued those to thicker stock for stability. I also took a brown ink pad and went around the edges of each star to give a more worn/vintage look and it gave them some dimension too. The candles on the mantle are wrapped in patriotic ribbon I also had already.The small flags in the planter on the mantle I purchased at Target. They came in a package of 3 for $1. The larger flags I put in my glass vase on the hearth were also purchased at Target for $1.50 each. Nothing fancy but it conveys the simple patriotic look I wanted.
| Edges rubbed with brown ink pad. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.