Monday, September 19, 2011

Busy Bees

If only there were more days in a weekend! It started for me on Friday night with a prayer meeting at church for the leadership team. After a very crazy work week and many evenings out for various meetings/events, I have to admit my heart wasn't completely in the right spot driving to NFC. It's not that I don't value dedicated prayer time, just that it meant one more night away from the kids and Russ. But, God blesses obedience and I knew I would leave the evening feeling His presence and knowing the value of corporate prayer. God did not disappoint! I continue to be amazed at the group of dedicated, Godly leaders at NFC whom I am proud to serve with and humbled that I get to be a part of its ministries.

ONTO SATURDAY...
Clovis Fest began bright and early Saturday morning with the hot air balloons taking off between 6am-7am. I've gone to the balloon festival since I was about 10. I would go with my friend Kim Thompson and her mom. At that time, they launched tons of balloons...it seemed like a hundred, but I doubt it was that many...out past Woodward Park. There was NO development out there, just open land as far as the eye could see. Now, 10 balloons are typically part of the festival. Not quite the same impact as when I was a kid but still a very cool event. When we moved back to Fresno in 2005, Russ and I took the kids and I loved seeing their eyes get huge at the witness of each balloon lifting off. Ethan cried the first time because it is loud and he remembered that this year as we prepared to head out to watch the launch. We didn't quite get there as early as I wanted but it was either wake the kids and deal with grouches all day or take it a little slower in the morning and know it's still a great FREE experience for them.


A beautiful and cool morning


Up, Up and Away
Watching the balloons take off.
Such a little poser that Kendall.


Waving back to the people in the basket.


Watching the balloons with the kids while Russ manned our Beeline Boxes booth at the event.

From here, the kids and I headed over to say hi to Daddy at the Beeline Booth we had on Pollasky St. We saw this as a great opportunity to gain some exposure for our new business.
That's my man!
Then, I took the kids home to change for their 1st soccer game of the season. Ethan played last year but this was Rebecca's first time. Fortunately we managed to get them on the same team so getting to practices and games would be a lot easier to coordinate.

Ethan on the left and Rebecca is next to him.
Noni & Papa came out to watch.

Ethan as goalie...nothing got by him!
 
 After the game, I dropped Ethan off at his cousin Nathan's to which he replied, "this is the best day ever!" The girls went with Noni and Papa and I headed back to Clovis Fest to work with Russ at the booth.
That's my girl...not afraid to get in there after the ball.








SUNDAY....
As Russ was leaving for Day 2 of Clovis Fest, the girls and I woke up to the sound of hot air balloons flying over the house.
Girls watching the balloons fly over our house.


Sort of a tradition in our house on Sundays is to make pancakes. The plan was for me to take the kids to church and then come home for a restful afternoon. But...I missed Russ and Kendall missed Daddy...so decided that I'd pack up the DS games for the older two, and some drawing stuff and doll for Kendall so they would be occupied at the booth. It was a very hot afternoon but the kids did awesome keeping entertained. When we got home, Russ turned the sprinklers on in the backyard to cool everyone down. I'm a wuss so I didn't last long but it was fun watching Ethan and Kendall play football with Russ in the water. Kendall is like me and doesn't like the cold water so she just rode her tricycle along the path.


It was a busy weekend...not exactly restful...but welcome to the my life! I wouldn't trade it for anything!!
However, I do HAVE to find a quicker way of updating this blog!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.