Saturday, September 3, 2011

Love 3-Day Weekends

A wonderful start to the long weekend...Had David, Dawn and boys over last night for BBQ Dinner. Kids got to play and Rebecca got to spend the night at her good friend Abbie's house. This morning...actually got to sleep-in until 7:30. Woke up and got some quite time to read on couch alone (10 minutes before Kendall and Ethan came out to living room but I'll take it). Took Kendall over to play with her cousin Lauren for the day. Picked up Rebecca from her sleepover and then Russ, Rebecca, Ethan and I headed out for a 2 1/2 hour bike ride ending with ice cream in old town Clovis (Scoops & Soups...sells yummy Fresno State ice cream).

Ethan's first really long bike ride. He did great!

Rebecca & I started going on bike trail rides together and really love it. She wanted to go even longer today. Love my girl!

When we got home from the ride, we were hot so Rebecca, Ethan and I went over to Matt's house for a swim. When we got back, I decided to tackle a Lego project for Ethan. His instruction books for the Lego Creator have gotten pretty beat up and some lost pages. I went online to download the pages needed.

Replaced the damaged or missing pages and organized the instructions by project into a 3-ring binder.

Ethan is happy and all set to build.

Next Lego project...organize pieces into cool bin Russ bought Ethan to keep the pieces separate. Is there another long weekend coming up??
Matt and Maggie joined all of us at our house tonight for Rebecca's favorite BBQ ribs and Ethan's favorite, corn on the cob and one of my favorite's....Cabernet Sauvingnon (thanks for bringing the wine tonight Matt). Just might enjoy another glass and settle in for a movie with Russ when the kids go to bed. LOVE long weekends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.