For two years Russ and I have discussed and prayed about if a 4th child was part of the plan for our family. Neither one of us could say definitively we felt strongly one way or another. A strong part of me desired to hold another infant but I couldn't wrap my little brain around how that fit into other plans and goals. During our 15th Anniversary, we tossed around different scenarios and admitted that neither one of us was any closer to knowing than we were 2 years ago when we started the conversation. So, we said we'd continue praying for direction and a more clear answer.
The month I committed to really focusing on exercising regularly and shed some much needed pounds this year...you guessed it...the same month God gifted us with new life. God's timing continually surprises me! It took a good two weeks for me to digest that this was really happening and I am going to be the mommy of four now!!
I am already falling in love with this new life growing inside of me. Despite all the uncertainties this year holds for us, I am choosing to put my trust in the Creator of all whom I KNOW has a much better plan for us than I could fathom. I will meditate on these passages from Psalm 25:1 "To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God." Psalm 4-5 "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior."
I'm holding on for this wild ride!! :-)
![]() |
| 9 weeks & 3 days - Amazing to see the baby's heart beat (165/min) on the screen. So small (only about 1") yet already formed. |

2 comments:
Congratulations Alison! This is GREAT news! I can't wait to get to share this with you at work! See you soon.
What?!!! I will be praying with you! Wow...September! Congratulations!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.