Thursday, May 15, 2014

Spring Fun

Life continues to fly by in the Lee household. The kids are growing fast and keeping us hopping. Russ is staying busy with our Beeline Boxes business, contract work he does and getting the kids to and from school and their activities. I was thrilled to get promoted at my job to manager of Marketing Support and loving what I do!! I also took on a leadership position in a women's ministry which has been such a privilege.

Here's a look at some of the events that occurred in Spring.

 

FATHER - DAUGHTER DANCE

Two of my beauties getting to spend a special night with their Daddy!

Lovin' their daddy!

 GIRL SCOUT COOKIE TIME


Kendall's first year in Girl Scouts. She is a Daisy and had lots of fun selling cookies this year.
Getting silly at the end of a cookie booth.
How can you pass this up??
My sweet girl got my poor eyesight it appears. She picked out purple glasses and is stinkin' cute in them!!

MOTHER - SON DATE NIGHT

The past couple of years Ethan has opted to go out on a date night with me instead of attending his
school's mother/son dance. We had a lot of fun this year going to pizza and then going to a
Monster Truck rally.

WOW!! This is a loud event. Thank goodness for earplugs!


Ethan's favorite truck was Grave Digger.


Finished the date with a trip to frozen yogurt shop. Yummy!!

 OUR LITTLE STINKER

They invented child safety gadgets for kids like Amanda. She gets into everything!! We've had to lock the food pantry, put up gates, redecorate to keep things out of reach, and put safety knobs on all the doors in addition to the obvious safety locks on dangerous cabinets. She will find a way to get what she wants and then gives you these looks like "what are you going to do?" or break out into what I call her chimpanzee grin. She keeps us on our toes for sure!!

We had her dedicated at our church at the end of March. Our friends were dedicating their daughter too and unbeknownst to each other we chose the same life verse for our girls. Colossians 2:6-7 "Just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."

Amanda Grace


I found a vintage Fisher Price instrument set at a street fair. I'm a sucker for vintage toys and
knew after a good sanitizing, how much Amanda would enjoy the drum, cymbals, maracas and
harmonica. She loves it and has got some blues in that little body. All of us cracked up the first time she
started playing on the harmonica.

 SPORTS

Ethan and Kendall are playing baseball. I really do look forward to the games on Saturday mornings. They both are good little players. Ethan has got a good arm but is still too timid to try pitching in a game. There is quite a size difference between him and the majority of the players but he's holding his own. His cousin Nathan is on the same team. This is Kendall's first time playing any organized sport and she's really a natural. Her cousin Ben is on her team. My other brother Aaron's boys are playing too but are on different teams than ours. We see them every weekend too so it's like a mini family reunion on Saturday mornings. I love it!! I didn't get a picture of it but Ethan's team played against Noah's one weekend and Noah was pitching. It was funny because we were torn on who to cheer on when he was pitching against Ethan and Nathan. I think he ended up striking both of them out. I don't remember because I was distracted chasing Amanda around at the time.
Nathan on the left and Ethan on the right chatting in the dugout.

Here comes the pitch to Kendall...

And she gets a hit!!

Amanda cheering her siblings on.
For about a year now Rebecca has been asking us to sign her up for a triathalon. We heard about a kids one and she was ecstatic to get to participate. The girl astonishes us with her athletic skill, discipline and ambitions! She first had to swim 8 laps (200 yards), then bike 4 miles and then run 1.5 miles. She's never taken swim lessons and hadn't been in a pool since the summer last year so that was the part she was most nervous about. She did so good pushing through and completing everything.
She thought she'd be the only kid with a mountain bike instead of a road bike. She wasn't but we were quite astonished at some of the bikes the kids had...not cheap ones! Now of course she wants a road bike for future events. I'll be keeping an eye out for a good deal. I'd love to foster this interest of hers.

Finishing the race. She was exhausted but ran the whole way.

My girl was tired and hungry after she finished the race. Her first words were "I'm going to stick to running." But after 10 minutes she said "that was fun I want to do another one".

 

EASTER

I can't believe I got a picture with everyone looking at the camera and smiling!!

Aunt Tracee coordinated an Easter Egg hunt for the kids and then one for the adults. The adults each had one large egg hidden in our yard with a lottery scratcher ticket inside. Aaron won a few bucks.

Amanda finding hidden eggs.

Love this picture of Mom and Dad Lee

And of my parents

Swingin' good time!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.