Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas morning began with Rebecca and I making hot chocolate and donuts (ran out of time to make the Swedish buns) so she could wake everyone else up as Santa Lucia.Then the kids opened gifts, we ate breakfast and headed to church. I'd like to say the kids were excited about going to church on Christmas morning but they just couldn't grasp why when we never have gone before on Christmas. We tried explaining that Christmas happened to fall on a Sunday this year and we thought it would be a beautiful way to celebrate Christ's birth but they just weren't making the connection. Thank goodness Pastor James invited the kids to come in their PJs if they wanted or it could have been ugly trying to get them out the door. When we got home, I started preparing the dinner we shared with both of our parents and the kids got to play with their new gifts. It was a lovely day!

Rebecca carrying on the Swedish tradition of Santa Lucia. I tease her that she's got it easy with battery operated candles when I spent the morning having my mom pick wax out of my hair on Christmas mornings.

The tree before the frenzy begins.

Ready to dive into unwrapping.

Ethan with some of his gifts. I spent the majority of the time video recording the unwrapping that I realized at the end I didn't capture them in photos opening their big item. Ethan got a bike (he outgrew his other one).
Kendall's big gift was a Barbie Jet. Russ is assembling and adding all the stickers.

Rebecca loves Lucky Charms but knows we won't buy it. This was a special treat for her to unwrap in her stocking.

Kendall with her new pink boots and new outfit.

Ethan immediatly began to build his Lego Waspix.

Rebecca's big gift was a Ripstick. Man was she excited to jump on this and master it! Notice Kendall with her umbrella :)

Kendall resting with Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.